Thursday, October 3, 2013

Boooofest decorating

So I came to the conclusion that I needed to start being more proactive about holiday and season decorating. I've been circulating amongst three homes for the past year since Nyke has come along, and I've been procrastinating telling myself that decorating will happen once I'm in a permanent residence for more than a year. Let's be honest, festive decorating should not be limited to those restraints! So I took the plunge and went to Target with Nyke to get a step ahead for some Halloween fun.
I guess I was a little more excited than others... Since we're always Ballin' on a Budget, Target dollar section was a total score for us. And is it just me that is bothered that Target has sneakily created their dollar section to the 2 dolla and 3 dolla section as well? Whatevs, we were still able to get what we wanted without sucking the life out of my wallet.


My ultimate favorite of the decorations finds! Happy Halloween in gold glitter :-) It had a little DIYness to it, which made it all the more glorious to buy.

There's something about do it yourself that I can never turn down. Maybe it's the competitiveness in me telling me to #acceptthechallenge. (Not that this Halloween banner was a challenge, it didn't even come with directions :-P) I loved how it turned out!

After being inspired by some fellow mama bloggers, like LittleBabyGarvin, and their fall decs. I thought it appropriate to shake the dust off my chalkboard (no pun intended) and fine tune my creative side!


(Sorry for the amateur photo taking skills) #workingonit. But everyone really should eat drink and be scary! After all, Halloween sort of kicks off the eating and drinking season. Accompanied by the adorable little metallic pumpkins, compliments of Target of course ;-)


Now that the festiveness has commenced, I can't wait for the ACTUAL fall fun. Pumpkin patches, pumpkin carving, crunchy leave piles and costume making galore!!


This also went on while decking the halls Halloween style.. Who let the Monkey out?



No comments:

Post a Comment