Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Oh no, not again.

Oh no is right.

How about oh no not again I am buying not my first but my SECOND replacement phone. Numero three in 18 months...whoops. Not to belittle my favorite Samsung Galaxy SIII, but I don't think any phone can handle the amount of beatings that I Nyke gives it. Who wants to get one of those fancy expensive cases that make the already large phone become even bigger just to protect it from the constant abuse though? My jean pockets can only hold so much.

Anyway, how did this happen you might ask? Well, I was running late for work again, and amidst running inside, my phone flew out of my hand, bounced off the concrete and landed in a puddle. No joke, a puddle. This was the one time this winter that I had actually wished the ground was still covered in snow, so that maybe, just maybe, my phone would have survived the unwanted swimming lesson. But no. Just my luck. Oh did I mention that it was St. Patrick's Day too? Being Irish and all I figured it would be the one day out of the year that I might actually have some luck. Wrong again, Rach.

On a positive note - I have felt as though I have been living on a mini private island. By myself. With no communication with the outside world. Until I open up my new laptop and tab-up every possible social network site my Internet Browser allows. Yay for Google Chrome! Besides that, it has been a nice little vacation not feeling the need to look at my phone every other second.

On a negative note - My phone's functionality was at a minimum last night. It was unable to read my SIM card. Also known as not allowing applications to function properly. My phone thought it was 3:45am when it was 9:00pm. Who even knows what day of the year it thought it was too. Since this happened yesterday night, and I, of course, had to work at 5am this morning, I tried to time the alarm to wake me up at the right time. Talk about a major fail. I woke up on my own, only to run out to the kitchen and see the stove clock blinking 6:47am. My initial thoughts how come no one has called me yet to let me know I am 2 hours late for work... Light bulb. Oh yeah, because my phone decided to hit the lap pool yesterday and is currently out of order! I was for real panicked. And to my luck, yet again, no one else was home for me to use their phone to call in! I had to EMAIL my boss and explain what happened. How unprofessional of me.

Lesson learned? Invest in an alarm clock that exists outside of mi telefono. Duh.



But wait, Oh No happened twice yesterday.

Oh no, not again. My parents left my son unattended in the living room (they were through a doorway and in their room (don't worry my son is never neglected!)) for probably about 5 minutes, while I was at work. In toddler world, this is an eternity to get into all of the sh*t you know you are not supposed to get into. Hallelujah. See, when Bubz is playing on his own, he makes a lot of noise. The second it gets silent, it is because he is getting into something that is an "owie" or a "no no". God Bless little boys for their non-stop curious personalities. Continuing on. After hearing silence while they were cleaning up their bedroom, they walk out to Nyke HEAD TO TOE covered in lotion. Someone (guilty) taught him how to squirt lotion out of the bottle and he decided it would be a great idea to squirt some over his entire body and then rub it all over the new leather couches and ottoman. As soon as he saw my dad he dropped the bottle and took off running. He knew he did something bad. What a stinker! Did I mention that the lotion was purple? No wonder so many different cleaning products exist so that any sort of stain imaginable can be cleaned.

Lesson learned? Either A. Don't leave Bubz unattended for more than a minute or B. Don't leave lotion accessible by a 17 month old. I soooo wish I had a picture to post for this one. But, my phone is broke, remember?

The "I didn't do anything wrong I swear!" look.

Hopefully we can keep the oh no, not agains, to a minimum for the rest of the week/end. I have the pleasure of being able to study for the lovely GRE coming up next Monday. Cheers to me!


over&out,
Rach

2 comments:

  1. I used to stop my son from eating off our kitchen floor. Not anymore. His immune system is strong enough :). 5 second rule!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once breast feeding is over...they build up their immunity from floor food haha! The perfect alternative!

      Delete