Friday, October 18, 2013

Hogar Dulce Hogar

Holaaaa (the Spanish word, Dora style)
*Not the holllla like this guy (one reason to love The Chappelle show though, such a comedian)



Can I just say that it really does feel good to be home!?! Hogar dulce hogar (home sweet home <3) Traveling and vacations can be such a relaxing time, but there's nothing better then returning home and getting back on schedule. Especially with a little one. During our last days in the Dirty South, munchkin thought it would be entertaining to become an Insomniac. Him and I stayed up until 1am three nights in a row. And while we had downtime to sleep in the following morning, that luxury was harshly taken away upon returning to the frozen tundra (which thankfully isn't completely frozen yet!) But those habits died real hard, as our usual wake up at 6:45am didn't allow for snoozing that alarm ten times. Once we settled in though, Bubz thought it would be fun again to party and stay up until midnight last night, without realizing that we had our usual responsibilities the following morning. Silly baby, how easily he gets his priorities mixed up! I guess I can't blame him though, he definitely inherited that from me. Anyways, I was nervous about waking the sleeping beast up this morning, because a baby boy on less than 7 hours of sleep is a no bueno way to start the day. It very easily could have been the start of WWIII. Fortunately enough, he got up peacefully and with no fussing. How was that possible? Probably because I equipped myself with a 5 oz bottle to fight the battle. War avoided thank goodness.

This face was post-nap, he was all smiles in the Morning!

For me, however, it was a different story. My brilliant-ass thought it would be a great idea to have a cup of coffee at about 6pm last night. Just to help me catch up on some school work because I was stressed out to the major max...my few days off in Texas-land left me way more behind in my classes then I had anticipated. Yowww. So of course a nice Cup o' Joe would do the trick right? Umm. WRONG. Along with staying up with Mr. I-Don't-Have-A-Bedtime until midnight, I was wide awake from 230am-4am. Yikes. So much for trying to get back into the swing of things with as much ease as possible. I looked like a zombie during lecture this morning. Too bad it wasn't Halloween yet so I could have played it off like it was my Costume :-) Lesson learned fa shooo. Keep coffee drinkin' to the mornin'.

On the plus side, being back home meant making our usual Costco runs with Papa Georgio (Dadddy). In the land of  wholesale warehouses, Costco must be a God. We could spend hours in that place. For realz though. Nyke has even grown accustomed to its Greatness, he can't contain his excitement anymore every time we go!


To kick off the start of a new weekend (which unfortunately for me is like a Monday, because I work at a restaurant, meaning I work alllll weekend long)(I work hard for the moneeeyy, 80s flashback), I'd like to join in on the fun going on over at Erin's Blog. Back that azzzzz up Friday! Right now, I have a huge obsession with Wale's 'Love Hate Thing'. It's a great jam, and seriously puts me in the best mood every time SiriusXM Radio plays it for me. So Enjoy! Even bubz is backin' that diaper azzz up to it!


Love Hate Thing by Wale on Grooveshark


Happy Weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment