Monday, February 24, 2014

Wrap up

What a cray-cray busy fun-filled weekend! I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

Ready.
Set.
RECAP!

Friday:

Who knew that a little boy would sit through, better yet enjoy, a yummy night at a Hibachi grill (Kobe). Talk about amazement! Every time the grill master made a huge fire, Bubz would wave his hands in the air and go "Haaaawt Hawwwwt!" Nothing short of adorable. Also, are babies supposed to enjoy peanut flavored noodles?...because this one did!



Thanks to this guy ^^ for having the idea and reservations (fancy I know) to check it out! Would we do it again? Absofrickenlutely. Nyke would be down, as long as he got to kiss the Nemos (fish) again at the end. Yes, I let my child kiss the glass tank that housed all the Nemos. Don't judge.

Saturday:

Talk about chaotic. First, thrift shopping with Auntie Nichole was nothing short of eventful. What little boy wouldn't enjoy being in a fitting room with two girls trying on clothes? Haha! P.S. seriously though, thrift stores are nothing short of mini gold mines if you take the time to dig. Next up, shopping with Auntie Kay at the mall. Just don't question how many Aunts Nyke has considering I have ZERO sisters. 

At this point in the day, my little man had been such a trooper, so it was time to let him get a little exercise and run off his built up energy. He hit the ground running only to end up here and hide.

Gee I didn't know I could get a pair of extra skinny jeans and some hipster shoes with that shirt if I bought it!
Oh no, sorry that is just my son playing peek-a-boo! This chase and go seek went on for about ten minutes. Shortly there after, a rancid stench filled this corner of the JCPenny store. Considering no one else had browsed near us, the only possibility where the stink must have come from would be the pants of the little giggle monster hiding behind the fancy shirts. Has anyone ever noticed how impossible and frustrating it is to find a bathroom in the mall until you actually need to use one? Ain't nobody got time for that at this point. Solution: women's fitting room turned baby changing station. Sorry to the others in the fitting rooms next to us at the time, I can't imagine what they were thinking if they didn't know the smell was coming from a baby.

Oh the memories we made that day.

Sunday Funday -

My mother and I began the process of cleaning up the basement to create a destruction play room for Nyke. There are only so many places you can hide baby toys in our upstairs living room. And only so many diversions/gates you can put up to keep this from happening:


Despite having a relaxing/productive Sunday, I still had to go to work that night. And let me tell you, I don't know what it is but there is just something about the peeps that go out to eat on Sundays. I say that in the nicest way possible, I know Servers never judge. But if the shoe fits...

This may or may not have been my facial expression the whole night. But sometimes it is just hard to stay positive after an 80 cent tip. A'las, the life of a waitress. 


What a great Weekend, though, to say the least!

Keepin' it real,

Rach




Please do not share or re-post any pictures of Nyke






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for helping with the newest destruction zone..aka basement for bubz

    ReplyDelete