Saturday, March 1, 2014

Road Trip Thinkin'

On a spontaneous Minneapolis roadtrip with my parents, brother and Nyke. Here is a splurge of my random thoughts in between entertaining my 16 month old and feeding him pretzel sticks.
The Whistleblower Hotline: First off, why does this even exist? It basically allows adults to call into the news station and be a tattle-tale. Let's grow up people. If you experienced bad business with a company or service, that's your own fault for not being wise enough to avoid it. Always gotta blame it on someone else (or the Alcohol). Restaurants: Why do adults go out and wait countless amounts of minutes to be seated at a steakhouse...only to order off the freaking kids menu? Umm, pretty sure McDonald's is right down the street if you want some mini cheeseburgers or junior chicken tenders. SMDH. Retail: Every time I go into a children's clothing section or store, the girl's stuff ALWAYS seems to creep over to the boy's side. As a mother of a little monster baby boy myself, I'd really appreciate if there were more boys clothing options at stores! It's literally 75% girl, 25% boy anywhere. I would like to dress my little guy up just as cute as a girl, but tutus and headbands just aren't options for me. I mean as much as Nyke would enjoy wearing a tutu, I think I'd like to save him from future black mail picture embarrassment. Let's step up the boy's fashion here designers. Juice boxes: When are some masterminds ever going to re-invent the juice box? I mean the things still squirt juice all over the place and are clearly not cut out for any rambunctious children under the age of 3. I would like to spare me and my baby's nice clothes from apple juice stains. Tick tock, this mama is waiting. Shopping Therapy: Ever heard of it? If not, than you are, clearly, not living. #YOLO After a few very satisfying purchases yesterday, I was seriously on a shopper's high. It was awesome. What would happen if people who use drugs (prescription or not) spent that money on shopping and at the stores. As a form of self-healing therapy. All those opposed say I....crickets. I mean come on. Hello economy boost! Not to mention much happier people because who doesn't like to spend money on themselves? Animal Commercials: Sometimes it makes me sad how people are so inclined to give money to poor/dying/starving animals before children of the like in this country. It may have to do with those sappy, tear jerking animal commercials that really take only one minute to make people just give only 37 cents a day. Pocket change = happy animals. But what about the kids? Don't tell me there aren't malnourished/unloved children in this country that need the same attention and much more. Let's put our money towards them first, maybe?

End rant thoughts. Chew on that if you'd like. Chomp, chomp.

To brighten up the rest of the weekend. Randos of Bubz

 Long haiiiirr don't caaarrreeeee.

O&O,
Rach


No comments:

Post a Comment