Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Not Yet a Toddler

Sooooo....the Big 1 has come and gone. But I really don't think Nyke feels any older, rather, I do. I felt comfortable talking about my adorable little BABY anytime, anywhere.... but declaring I have a toddler is a whole new level of Grownup! I've read and heard from many that the young new age of 1 is the time to transition from Baby status to Toddler status. I mean if it were up to me, I'd prefer to call him my Baby until he got married (which is probably what I'm going to do anyways). Woof. Titles are just too much sometimes! I decided to stick with Baby until he learns how to walk on his own then :-)


It was match with mommy day, clearly. Hey, no judging here please. But speaking of walking, there's nothing worse then getting a text at work saying that your son just decided to waltz across the living room on his own. Whaaaaaattt?! Of course he did. After all, I'm with him 80% of the day when I'm not at work or school. So obvie it makes sense for him to take his first big steps when I'm NOT there! What. A. Stinker. I didn't even get a video or picture of the event along with the text. Talk about being anxious and losing all focus at work to get home ASAP, hoping to witness the little monster attempt it again. Once I did finally get home, his walking days were over apparently. Which is fine for now. A crawling baby is more manageable than a walking baby I've heard :-) Besides, he is quite entertaining still without the walking ability. I'm pretty sure the definition of curious little toddler baby boy is Nyke.


















Next up for the Dynamic Duo?! A big NĂºmero Uno celebration this weekend. Hopefully the cake smashing goes a little better this time :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment