Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pink Ties or Blue Bows

I can't believe it's already October 8th. Exactly one year ago, today, I was anxiously patiently awaiting the arrival of my little nugget (Bubz's gender was kept a secret until D-day) My feelings about whether I had pink or blue flipping around in my belly were never exact. In fact, they changed everyday! Needless to say on the days I felt one way or another, I'd go buy an accessory or outfit that fit it. Woof, guilty as charged. It was the only way I could break up the excessive yellow and neutral color scheme that had taken over the nursery. In the event that I actually get married and actually PLAN for baby número dos, I figured the unused gender specific clothes could be used then. Like never-actually-worn-hand-me-downs. Fair enough, am I right?... Although it never stopped my mom from putting Nyke in a dress one night while I was at work (there are even pictures to prove it!)....My poor mother, bless her heart, was absolutely convinced I was having a girl, and literally would only buy girl clothing. I continually told her she was ginxing it by doing that! You could just about imagine the look on her face when she was told the news of a little baby boy in the waiting room at the hospital!...Whoops, major tangent. It's crazy to think that it's almost been an entire year since Nyke has been in our lives, though. I was due on October 9th, but little munchkin decided to camp out for an extra week (makin smore s'mores I'm sure), he was lucky I had no intentions of evicting him. Stinker. So, alas, a week from today will mark the Big One. Where'd my baby go? Aside from the fact that I'm still even adjusting to the title of Mamabear, I can't even grasp the idea that my babybear is a soon to be toddlerbear...that doesn't ring well though. I'm sure little monster will be the fitting title soon enough. Too soon enough :-( I might as well start the college search and get the application collection going right now for him. Uffda.










Now instead of the countdown until D-day and the horrors that go with it...I will be counting down the days to B-day number one. What a crazy accomplishment we are about to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment